The Main Course at Belmont restaurant has been described as a “hidden gem” in the Belmont Lake Preserve community. Located in the Belmont Lake Preserve Golf Clubhouse, the Main Course at Belmont first opened in 2014. Since its inception, the restaurant has continued to get rave reviews and deliver a fine dining experience in Rocky Mount.
A “Taste of Lifestyle Redefined“
Though located on-site at Belmont Lake Preserve, the Main Course is open to the public. They are open Tuesday-Sunday, for lunch and Thu-Sun for dinner at the Main Course. Proprietor Mark Piatkowski and his staff headlined by Chef Robert “Buck” Gibbs have created a menu and atmosphere that is both inviting and fulfilling for all tastes.
Whether looking for a bite to eat with the family or a cold beverage with a friend, The Main Course at Belmont is the perfect spot for anyone and any occasion. The Main Course has a full bar if you want to enjoy a drink before or after 18 holes. Likewise, whether your taste is the ‘gourmet burger’ menu or the popular specials, the service and food are second to none.
Lunch: Tue-Sun: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Tee Off with the Lunchtime Classics
Offering great salads, entrees, sandwiches or burgers, it is no wonder The Main Course at Belmont has become the hot spot among Rocky Mount restaurants. Looking to go lighter? Try the popular Chef’s Salad or Belmont Beet Salad with the Soup of the day that is made from scratch daily. The salads available for lunch at the Main Course are:
You can never go wrong with any of the sandwiches offered at The Main Course at Belmont. ‘The Rich Boy” (beer battered flounder), “Ruth Anne’s Rueben,” “Buck’s Shrimp Salad,” the “Palmer” (1/4 Angus beef hot dog), or a “Belmont Club” (ham, turkey, bacon, cheese, double-decker) are just a few among the favorites. Sandwiches offered for lunch Tuesday-Sunday are:
- The Southerner (Fried Green Tomatoes/Candied Bacon/Pimento Cheese)
- Buck’s Shrimp Salad
- Belmont Club (see above paragraph)
- The Rich Boy (see above paragraph)
- Tomato Basil Wrap (Tomato basil tortilla filled w/smoked ham/dry, cured genoa salami/mild cheddar)
- Fairway Turkey Sandwich
- Ruth Anne’s Reuben
- Prime Rib Sandwich
- The Palmer (see above paragraph)
Also, try the amazing “Wobbie’s Ribs,” a half-rack smothered in the house made bourbon BBQ sauce, or the southern classic, “Shrimp-n-Gritz.” This is available in either Cajun or Charleston style. For the full lunch menu at the Main Course at Belmont, click here.
Dinner: Thurs – Sat: 5:00 am to 9:00 pm
The ‘Front 9’ (or 10): Appetizers at The Main Course at Belmont
The Main Course at Belmont has become known for its great dinners, and always draws a nice crowd on Thursday-Sunday nights. One of the most popular ways to start the night is the incredible appetizers. Much like the entire menu, the appetizers are very unique as compared to the more common fare seen at other Rocky Mount restaurants. Appetizers offered at the Main Course at Belmont are:
- Hot Crab Spread
- Buck’s Shrimp Salad
- Fried Pickles & Fries
- Chip Basket
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Duck Bacon Wonton
- Glazed Pork Belly
- Chicken Wings
- Onion Rings
- Mac & Cheese Bites
Going for the ‘Green’: A ‘Lighter Side’ for Dinner
The Main Course offers many delicious dinner options, too. Much like the array of appetizers that many can’t be found at any other Rocky Mount restaurants, their ‘lighter side’ or salad choices are also as unique as they are delicious. Yes, you can get the classics like “Grilled Chicken” or “Chef’s Salad,” but the variety again set the Main Course apart.
Salads being offered. for dinner hours at the Main Course include:
- Petit Chateau Salad (fresh greens and veggies, shaved parmesan, tossed in white balsamic vinaigrette, topped w/ beef tenderloin)
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Citrus Salmon Salad (grilled Canadian salmon on top of fresh greens/veggies/orange slices)
- Garden Salad
- Chef’s Salad
Steaks, Seafood, and Chops that are Anything but ‘Par for the Course’
While the nightly specials are many times to difficult to pass on, the steaks, seafood, and chops at the Main Course are pretty close to a “hole-in-one.” Straight off the Main Course at Belmont dinner menu, the following mouth-watering items are available “From the Grill.”
- Pork Rib-Eye Chop
- St. Louis Ribs
- Belmont Chicken (8 oz breast, smothered in cheddar, grilled onion, bacon, honey mustard)
- Clubhouse Burger (1/2 pound brisket blend)
- Filet Medallions
- Filet Mignon (Center Cut, Certified Angus, 8 oz.)
- Angus Ribeye (10 oz. Prime Cut)
- Prime Rib *(Served every Friday)
Likewise, just as many ‘look to the grill,’ repeat customers at the Main Course also rave about the seafood keeping them coming back. The following are the options from ‘under the sea’ available Thu-Sat nights.
- Baltimore Crab Cakes
- Tuna Takayama
- Seared Canadian Salmon
- Fresh Catch (weekly option based on availability)
To see the entire dinner menu from the Main Course, you can also click right here.
Main Course at Belmont Gourmet Burger Menu: 66 % Brisket/34% Chuck= 100 % Delicious
One of the other things setting the Main Course apart from competitors right from the ‘”first tee,” is the awesome Gourmet Burger menu available.
These are too many to simply list all ingredients, as we urge you to check out the incredible full Main Course burger menu here. However, just knowing on top of these incredible options below, there are also awesome weekly burger specials too.
- The Hawg (BBQ Glazed Pork Belly, Gouda Cheese)
- The Dougie (All-beef sliced hot dog, chili, slaw, American cheese)
- The Belmont
- The Wedge (Bacon, Tomato Chutney, Bleu Cheese, Ranch)
- The Funky Bunch (Fried Onion, Pickles, Broccoli Bits, Feta Cheese, Thai Chili Mayo)
- The 007 (Black Bean Veggie Burger, Sundried Tomato, Herb Butter Pickle Okra, Boursin Cheese)
- Best of Both Worlds (Philly steak, onions, peppers, mushrooms, provolone)
- The Yard Bird (ground chicken, breadcrumbs, provolone cheese, pepperoni sauce, garlic herb butter)
- The Torch ( swiss, provolone, pepper jack, gouda cheeses, w/ a jalapeno siracha hot sauce)
The Main Course at Belmont is located in the Golf Clubhouse at Belmont Lake Preserve new home community. The address is 201 Belmont Way, Rocky Mount, NC and for reservations or question call (252) 977-1029. For more information on homes for sale in Rocky Mount NC at BLP, visit our “available homes” section.