Normally held on the first Friday evening of each month, the December 6 installment of First Friday at the Imperial Centre will carry a Christmas theme, featuring activities for the whole family in all sections of the downtown Rocky Mount arts center only a few minutes from your family’s new home at Belmont Lake Preserve new home golf community.
The Imperial Centre website listed the following special activities that will be taking place on the December 6 First Friday at the Imperial Centre in addition to the lighting of the Imperial Centre Christmas tree, a visit from Santa Claus for the kids, and carriage rides and bounce houses in the courtyard where there has been a forecast for “snow,” to get all in the mood of the season.
In the Childrens’ Museum at First Friday at the Imperial Centre will be:
- Free admission featuring new exhibit, “Rainforest Adventures”
- Kid’s activities
- Rocky Mount Wildlife Rehabbers
- Planetarium Show: Season of Light at 7 pm
- Lasershow: Laser Holiday at 8 pm
- Braswell Memorial Pop-Up Library
In the Arts Center at First Friday at the Imperial Centre will be:
- Live Music with Susan and Thomas Wells
- Photo Booth
- Gallery Sketching
- Art Activities and Demos
- Art Exhibitions open to the public
In the Main Lobby Area atFirst Friday at the Imperial Centre will be:
- Art Demonstartion
- Dance USA information and demos
- Tar River Piecemakers Quilt Guide information table
In the Theatre atFirst Friday at the Imperial Centre will be:
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” and the Christmas Chorus at 7:30 pm
The Imperial Centre is located at 270 Gay Street in Rocky Mount. For more information on First Friday at the Imperial Centre and all their fun upcoming family friendly events, go to imperialcentre.org.